John F. Barnes Myofascial Release is not a passive treatment modality. You know your body best. Your therapist knows how to use JFB myofascial release. Together we can make a great team. In order to get the most out of your treatment please consider the following tips:
- Communicate with your therapist about what you've been experiencing in your body in-between sessions. Communication during treatments about what you're feeling and experiencing can also be helpful
- Allow yourself to feel the sensations in your body during treatment. The mind is very powerful. When you pay attention to your sensations and emotions it is like putting your treatment into hyperdrive.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your treatment. As restrictions are released, fluid will move into openings that are created. Being well hydrated helps this process.
- Do not force yourself to stay still. If your body starts to move allow it to do so. The body has an innate ability to heal itself. Stay with the sensations and don't get caught up in your thoughts.
- Your experience and sensations may be intense at times, but YOU ARE ALWAYS IN CHARGE. If you are unable to keep the area being treated relaxed or you're wishing the treatment would end, just say "HALT" or "EASE UP"
- Treatment takes place directly on the skin. Please wear loose shorts and a sports bra or tank top for women. Men can wear loose shorts.
- Please do not wear lotion. This allows your therapist to maintain proper contact with your skin during treatment.